If you’ve ever tried to lose weight…
I bet you’ve started workouts, meal plans, calorie counting, shakes, detoxes and/or many other strategies… and I bet you’ve also failed to finish those plans.
You were told exactly what to do, so why didn’t you just do it? There must be something wrong with you, right?
Here me out, there is nothing wrong with you.
You can have the best program in the world, but if you don’t have the mindset, you won’t make the change.
Now you don’t need to have the perfect mindset but you should have support to develop a healthier mindset.
The problem is not, nor has it ever been in you. The problem is in the programming. Here are 3 steps of developing a healthier mindset
- Stop blaming motivation. When we say ‘I’m not motivated’, what we really mean is ‘it’s not a priority for me’ or ‘I don’t really want to do it’. You don’t need to find a bucket of motivation to do something you really want to do; you just do it. Take personal responsibility for the choice you make, and consequences of that choice.
- Understand your limitations. Now when I say limitations, I mean when life throws your curveballs when we’re actively trying to change our lives — not just the excuses we tell ourselves. Things like injuries, cooking skills, responsibility for others etc. You’ll have your own curveballs. It’s important that you understand your limitations and adapt your weight loss plan to work around them.
- Adjust your expectations. Picture this, you don’t want to eat the way you need to do or exercise as hard as you need to, yet you still lose want to lose 20-30 lbs as fast as possible. You’re upset AF so you look for other options, going from quick fix to quick fix.
So when you’re choosing a weight loss plan, do these
- Make a list of what you can do
- Make sure you account for your limitations
- Then choose a realistic goal based on the work you’re prepared to do
If you’re not sure where to begin, send me a DM and let’s discuss your goals and see if we’re a good fit to work together
#waynesutherland #weightlosstip #weightlossadvice #motivationisbs #mindset #healthymindset #toughlove #weightlossplan